Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TIFF and Simone on Smashwords

-->
Alright - 2013 - $95


I have great news! I have just published two literary pieces on Smashwords.

These two pieces are inspiring and poetic. They both speak of love in times of struggle.


I Am Love 
$4.95
(https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/353918) was written one day when I was very ill and was searching for reasons to continue to live. It was my darkest hour and somehow I managed to write a piece that inspired me to keep going despite how hard it was. If you have ever been very ill, very depressed or disenchanted, you will enjoy this piece.


Get Up
$4.95 
(https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/353928) is was written in the same vein. It was written in two parts. One after a long period of not working. The remainder was finished the day after a gig on set with Lawrence Fishbourne. Don’t get excited. I was merely a background performer. No stardom yet. Soon come.


It is TIFF season in Toronto. I hope that you are able to view some great films. There is so much to choose from and so much to enjoy.


Film is a great inspiration for many artists, myself included. It is a great way to bring life to a dull day. One of my favourite in-city holidays is to watch a film a day. I can be in France, Italy, Germany, England or Africa just footsteps from a busy street in Toronto. I haven’t checked to see what’s playing this year, so I have no suggestions for you. Let me know what your favourites are.

I read an interesting article in a Wednesday’s metro that called Vin Diesel the sexiest ugly man. I beg to differ. Go on with your gorgeousness, Vin Diesel. I’m sure he turns heads wherever he goes. Sticks and stones, I guess. It took me about two seconds to assess that he is incredible looking.

And something to note for the history books. Li Na, is the first ever Chinese player to reach the U.S. Open semi-finals at Flushing Meadows. Congratulations, Li Na!

My works of art are still available at:

de Mello Roastery and Specialty Coffee
2489 Yonge Street,
Toronto, ON,
M4P 2H6
Venue hours:
Monday to Friday 6am – 10pm
Saturday, Sunday 8am – 10pm
+1(647) 748 3633

Mojo Music
430 Speers Road,
Oakville, ON
Canada
L6K2G2

Venue hours:
Monday to Thursday 12-9pm
Friday 12-7pm

Saturday 10-6pm

Sunday 12-5pm
(tel) 905-842-COOL (2665)

and

Art in the Village
2311 Bloor St W,  
Toronto, ON 
M6S 1P1
416-763-2224
http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/toronto/art-in-the-village/5409480.html
 
Enjoy TIFF and all the good things to come!
 
 
Cheers,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment