Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Finally! A Way to Give Back!! - now with active links!


Finally, a way to give back. Many moons ago, as you may have read in one of my previous blogs, I created a graphic novel called, A Soulful Senior's Moment. I am in the process of making a few more edits before I launch the graphic novel on Smashwords. For now it is in print for your viewing pleasure.

You can view my profile by clicking here or by cutting and pasting the link below into your browser:
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/simone4king
 



I am proud to announce that the written version is now available. Part of the proceeds will go to Mid Toronto Community Services.


I volunteer as a live painter each year at their annual Cocktails for the Community fundraiser. This year they shared one of their success stories. They rescued a senior from an abusive caretaker. The elderly man suffered from Stockholm syndrome. They came to his aid and is now in good hands.

Charity is important even when money is tight. One of my fabulous ex-boyfriends. And yes, I have the Canadian syndrome of keeping in touch with and be-friending my exes. But enough about me, this fabulous pal who works in social work informed me that programs such as Toronto Works and Ontario Disability Supports are put in place in order to reduce crime. The more we help those in need, the less likely it will be that they need to break the law in order to survive, the less likely that rage that results from not having the basics will prevail.

So, for my pals who love to give and love to read. Consider this gift to yourself a gift also, to those in need.

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/simone4king

Visit the follow locations to buy original works of art by me!
Thinking - 2013 - $95
http://www.hellodemello.com/




Lilium Casa Blanca - 2013 - $120
Art in the Village
http://www.manta.com/ic/mtzvv37/ca/art-in-the-village


Love Me - 2013 - $650 | Mojo Music, 
430 Speers Road in Oakville, ON, Canada.



Happy Fall in Love!

Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment