Thursday, September 26, 2013

Free art class this Saturday during Fall Fest!


'Gregory Heinz Dances' will be a part of the Fall Art Walk via NTGA




Here’s why it pays to be charming, kind and a bit nosy. One day, I was walking up Yonge Street and was about to pass a woman putting a sign up at a parkette.



“Oh, a street festival. Sounds like fun! Saturday, September 28th. What will be happening will there be artists?” (Click here to find out more! www.uptownyonge.com/fallfest )



“Well, there will be a beading table and I’ve hired some students to teach art. Maybe next year I can rent a table to sell my art.”



“There is no art for sale. But you’re an artist? I was looking for someone to teach art classes but I couldn’t find anyone.”



“Well, I’m available. What are the hours?”




Low and behold, I will be giving free art lessons on Saturday, September 28th from 1-5pm. Please come by for your free chalk pastel drawing lesson. The course suits all ages. You will be learning to draw realistically and to stylize with a focus on negative space. You will be able to take your work home free of charge.



What can be better than a day uptown on a hopefully crisp and sunny Fall afternoon!



Visit the great shops in the area especially de MelloPalheta Specialty Coffee and Roastery on the West side of Yonge and Castlefield across the street from the old Capitol Theatre.



I have scheduled an art opening and artist talk at de MelloPalheta on October 25th from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. The Artist Talk is scheduled for 8:00pm. The press is cordially invited. I was speaking to the pastry chef at de Mello – arranging to provide some tasty desserts for you to munch on while you view the works presented.

Tumbling Ted - $120

Remember to buy a grouping of my 8”x10” flower paintings from Art in the Village in Bloor West village.

Superstar - $650


Whitney Houston is hanging in the lounge of Mojo Music hoping to be hanging on your wall.

Visit my table at Art Barn on Sunday October 6th in Kitchener.

Come to de Mello Palheta Speacialty Coffee and Roastery 
for a some free baked treats and an Artist Talk at 8:00pm

If you're on facebook, the public event name is Exploring Emotion.
Friday October 25th, 7:30 - 9:30pm
Artist Talk 8:00 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/444133635707127/

de Mello is located at:
2489 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON
M4P 2H6
647 748 3633


'Go Ella' will be on display at: 
Gallery Showcase Event, 
presented by the Fairlawn Neigbourhood Centre
in support of the Fall 2013 Art Walk
 





And on November 8th and 9th,  2013, please make it to the Fine Arts Show and Sale at Blessed Sacrament Church on Cheritan off YongeStreet just South of Lawrence.



FYI Bob Marley is looking great on my wall.  He will soon grace the walls of Mojo Music!

Oh and Yay Canada.

In today's Globe and Mail, there is an article featuring the bike that my replace my stolen supercycle.


The Sora is electric, quiet and looks pretty cool to me. It is "the first Canadian-built street-legal electric motorcycle, which hits the road this fall."

(http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/a-quiet-riot-canadian-built-electric-bike-is-silent-and-slick/article14495713/)




Stay beautiful!

(as my late Mom used to say)





Cheers,



No comments:

Post a Comment