Sunday, August 4, 2013

Zagging | Exploring Emotion | The Artist Project | Moonriver

 
Smokin' - $600

Solid - $600

So, despite the boo hoo’s from my new pal in the neighbourhood, I’ve decided to crowdsource once more.

This link to the indiegogo page entitled, The ArtistProject,

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-artist-project/x/2770168
 
will do more than provide you with an opportunity to support this Canadian artist. It is also a portfolio piece connecting many of the online resources useful for social media promotion.

One of my profs at George Brown College, Professor G, who was part of the reason I did so well in that program, advised me to slightly change words when using them in advertising. By that I mean, I wanted to call, A Soulful Senior’s Moment­, ‘A Senior’s Moment,’ I thought it would be funnier. I changed the title upon his advice. In this case, I used the name ‘the artists project’ in the indiegogo link. I thought I’d Zag.



This is a great book for those who are interested in advertising and marketing. It is a quick easy read and provides incredible advice.

As mentioned in a previous blog, this event is not one to miss. For artists and art lovers, I certainly hope that you participate as well.



I really look forward to seeing you at my exhibition this Thursday :

Exploring Emotion |de Mello Specialty Coffee & Roastery 

Opening: Thursday, August 8th 7:30 - 9:30 ongoing
(pieces sold will be replaced) 
de Mello Specialty Coffee & Roastery
2489 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M4P 2H6
F +1(647) 748 3638   E info@hellodemello.com
http://www.hellodemello.com/

Purchasing works of art from this exhibit will support my participation in The Artist Project.
I have been advised, time and time again to choose a cause. That my art should not only be a way for me to meet my end, but that I should also consider giving back to society.

I volunteer each year at Cocktails for the Community run by Mid Toronto Community Services.

This year, I was so frazzled that I forgot to bring the pieces for silent auction. I promised L, that when the work sold, I’d give Mid Toronto Community Services 20%. These two will be included in:

A Tribute to Black Musicians | BAND awww, shucks... canceled.
Opening: Friday September 20, 2013 7-11pm
Artist Talk: October 25th, 2013 7:00 pm (venue stays open until 11pm
Show closes Sunday October 27th, 2013
BAND (Black Artists’ Networks Dialogue)
1 Wiltshire Avenue, Unit 134
Toronto, ON  M6N 2V7
647.701.4323
www.blackartndialog.com

That’s all for now, folks.

Oh, and Hello Maestro, (http://wesmaestrowilliams.com/)
whom I heard on the radio recently. He has a new album out.
It's on my list of those to pick up.

I keep thinking of this track:



Oh, and by the way, my pal S and I applied to the CIA graphic design department many moons ago. They never did respond. But if you're looking through old applications for new employees, 'Sorry guys, I'm not longer interested.'

No offense to my American pals. I simply prefer a quiet life.




Cheerio,

No comments:

Post a Comment