Monday, July 29, 2013

Crowdsourcing

Calling Soul - 1998ish
Now here's an interesting conversation for struggling artists and patrons with so much money they have gotten bored of buying $8000 purses.
What is one to do?

I have been grappling with the idea of selling my belongings, borrowing from the banks and credit unions, and no... I'm not into lottery tickets.

I recently met a woman who told me that my efforts to fundraise made me look like I was a professional beggar. 'I tell it like it is,' she said. I smiled. She comes from a family that always had more than enough.

Despite her criticism, I still see the benefits of crowdsourcing as opposed to applying for grants and/or lines of credit. I realize that some people are apprehensive to have their monies transferred online. I find it convenient, but we should all be careful, because there are many scams. In the meantime, in between time as my pal DL used to say:

Purchasing works of art from my exhibitions will go towards my participation in tradeshows like: The Artist Project, Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition and etc. etc. etc., if they will have me. And I hope they will.

--> Current Exhibitions:
A Tribute to Whitney Houston | Mojo Music
430 Speers Road
Oakville, Ontario
L6K2G2, Canada
Tel: 905-842-COOL (2665)
Fax: 905-842-8950
ptmuze@hotmail.com
Monday to Thursday 12-9pm
Friday 12-7pm
Saturday 10-6pm
Sunday 12-5pm

Upcoming exhibitions:

Exploring Emotion | de Mello Specialty Coffee & Roastery
Opening: Thursday, August 8th 7:30 - 9:30 ongoing
(pieces sold will be replaced) 
2489 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M4P 2H6
F +1(647) 748 3638   E info@hellodemello.com
http://www.hellodemello.com/

A Tribute to Black Musicians | BAND
 
awww, shucks... canceled.
Opening: Friday September 20, 2013 7-11pm
Artist Talk: October 25th, 2013 7:00 pm (venue stays open until 11pm) 
Show closes Sunday October 27th, 2013
BAND (Black Artists’ Networks Dialogue)
1 Wiltshire Avenue, Unit 134
Toronto, ON  M6N 2V7
647.701.4323
www.blackartndialog.com

Yonge and Lawrence Art Walk
Thursday October 17 - November 20, 2013
location to be confirmed

http://www.ntga.ca/
 

NTGA Fine Arts Show
Group Show | Blessed Sacrament Church
Friday November 8, 2013, 6-9pm (wine reception)
Saturday November 9, 2013, 10:00 - 3:30pm
http://www.ntga.ca/


Art In the Village
a great location in which to frame your works of art, diplomas or photos.
Jizelle also carries a great selection of Canadian Art.
2311 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6S 1P1   
416-763-2224
 


Bow - 2012


I look forward to seeing your smiling faces at all of these events. 


I stumbled upon an incredible café in my area called, Douce France. This venue should be packed all the time. The owner imports her hot cocoa from France. It looks just like the hot chocolate in Chocolat.The recipe is a secret, even to her. It costs five dollars a cup. When I told one of my pals. his response was, "And how long does it take to drink this bleepin' drink. For five dollars a cup, it better last forever."

I laughed. One of my favourite tricks for staying sane is to spend five dollars lavishly every so often. The next time that I am so inclined, I will spend it at Douce France

I spoke to the owner about exhibiting my works of art at Douce France, located at 2471 Yonge Street just North of Eglinton on the East side of Yonge street. After some chatting, we thought it would be great if I painted one of the musicians who perform there while they sing.

You may have made it to my exhibition at Blues on Bellair many moons ago when I painted Shakura S'Aida. That venue is long gone. It was loads of fun. Shakura was on stage singing and I painted out of a wooden bowl. People asked if that's how they painted in Africa. 'I don't know,' I said. 'I just liked the bowl.'

The bowl was purchased by my pal, JE. I was shocked that he wanted to buy it.

He took this photo below:




The scarf matching the bowl, is one of those fabulous accidents.

Big Hug click here for the year.



Big Hug!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment