Monday, March 10, 2014

Love As I've Seen It | Reception: Saturday March 22, 7pm-10pm



Currently on exhibit at 2592 Yonge Street | The Second Cup



The Salon I hosted was incredible! Guests were able to view my latest pieces, some in progress. We drank vino, munched on snacks while we talked about arts and culture. I received numerous ‘Thank-yous!’ A good time was had by all. This event is a great way to socialize in a comfortable atmosphere -- to connect with people.

What’s next?

More Salons and…

This.

I’m hosting a reception for my exhibition, ‘Love As I See it.’


2592 Yonge Street
(North of Briar Hill Road at the corner of Albertus Avenue)
(416) 487-7838

Saturday March 22, 2014 
7pm – 10pm

This show is a collection of works of art around love and relationships, (my favourite topic).


I’m a woman who has spent most of her life single for various reasons. Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m delightful and great company. I tell myself that every day, but for some reason I put work before love, I think. Or maybe I’m ‘too much woman,’ as some pals have suggested. Okay, the real reason… I have only recently begun to make romantic love a priority.

I had a chat with the staff at a local furniture store about this. I surmise that some woman have a place for it. They say, ‘I need a great job, a car, a vacation once a year, a great husband, some kids and a lovely home.’

I say, ‘I need an iPad, a fold up bike, a Honda mini, a plentiful amount of mangoes, to see live jazz a few times a month, annual vacations, a nice home and a rewarding job.’

‘What about love?’ my late Mother used to ask.

‘It’ll come,’ I’d say.

I believed that in the midst of me working diligently at creating an incredible life some gorgeous man would see me, pursue me and we’d fall madly in love forever. Sounds possible, right?

This exhibit explores the ups and downs of such a strategy by honing in on single, universal moments when in love, hoping for love, receiving love. They make a great gift for someone you’re in love with. And if you love yourself enough, you can purchase one for you!

Join me at the reception at:

2592 Yonge Street
(North of Briar Hill Road at the corner of Albertus Avenue)
(416) 487-7838 
7pm – 10pm

Admission is free. Treat yourself to a beverage or a snack.
Light snacks will be provided!


No comments:

Post a Comment